Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fires, Fires, Fires


Hello all!!!!!
I have been so busy lately. Fire season has finally hit with it's full force. Recently Dave (my wonderful hubby) and I have been assigned to the Black Crater fire. THAT one was too close for comfort but is pretty much non-threatening now. HOWEVER we have ANOTHER fire burning in the area. Just 5 miles from Black Butte Ranch and 6 from Sisters. Check out www.nuggetnews.com for fire information and some AWESOME pictures of the fires!

I am posting a picture of my new haircut.

I went from long and curly to short and straight! What a change for me. I have to learn how to use a straightening iron better, but it will be OK with practice. The back of my hair is really short and spiky. I love it! I went to Three Sisters Salon and Spa. Nicole was my beautician. She did EXACTLY what I wanted. I paid more money than I had ever paid before, but I think it was worth it!

Sorry I do not have any real cool pictures to post of quilts this time, but will have some after the weekend. My friend, Teresa, and I are going to the coast to see the Tillamook quilt show. Hopefully I will remember my camera! I have been such a ditz lately that I probably will forget it.

Anyway, I will update this site after the weekend. Thanks for checking in!

Quilt till you wilt!

Denise

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi Denise, cute haircut! Sorry the fires have been keeping you busy - hope they're out soon.

You have the capability to delete that spam comment - just throw it away! That'll show 'em. having the verification helps a LOT.

Simonetta said...

hi Denise,you are very beautiful with this new cut of hair!!!!!Don't change, you are really Ok!!! :))))

Judy said...

Love the haircut!! I have to call today to get an appt.

Yes, unfortunately the span can get in. I still allow the comments from anonymous so that others can post who have typepad, but the verification helps tremendously!

nwscrapmom said...

The new hairstyle is absolutely adorable... I love it! It is nice to see you updating your blogs again... I sure missed you.
:) K.