Monday, October 02, 2006

My new things




OK Ladies, here are a few of my latest blocks. The tie shaped ones are just 2 of 20 that I made and donated to be used in auction quilts to raise money for breast cancer research. All the ties had to be pink and they had to be on a white background. They turned out very cute I think. They ended up getting so many ties that they can make quite a few quilt tops. I was thrilled and honored to participate in that "Quilt Pink" day at the Stitchin Post.

The Halloween patch is for a block raffle. The fabric in the middle of the block was given to us and we had to use our own fabrics to finish out the block. Next quild meeting we put our blocks on the design wall and our name in a basket. Whoever has their name drawn gets ALL of the completed blocks. I am really hoping that I get them since I do not have a halloween quilt. Well, I don't have any quilt for that matter since I give mine all away!!!!!

Anyway, I promised to put up some photos and now I have. I will try to get some nice ones of more tops I have not completed yet. Maybe this winter I can get something finished?????

Happy quilting!

Denise

12 comments:

Joyce said...

I love you tie blocks. What a great idea. I'd love to see the finished quilts!

Shelina said...

The tie is so cute!

Simonetta said...

Fantastic these jobs, Denise!!!! The ties are indeed a genial idea, I believe that a good quilt will result! Hugs :))))

marisa said...

hello Denise, thanks you to visiting my blog.Bye bye ciao Marisa from Italy.

m.daniela said...

Ciao Denise, I love your works, many compliments! And thanks so much for visiting my blog, I'll put a permanent link to your, so I can visit it everyday! Hugs!
Maria Daniela
http://patchworkroma.blogspot.com/

Dana said...

I love the ties! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be seeing you on yours.

Teodo said...

ciao I am a Marisa's friend and I looked your work that are very fine ciao ciao excuse me for my mistake in the writing

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh a friend sent me the link to your blog! I'm so glad I came to visit! I LOVE your folk arty/primitive style! I love that style as well as the reproduction traditional style of quilting. I can't wait to find time to go back to all your past posts and catch up!

Sassenach said...

Hi -- I tried to write back to the comment you left about the seeds and got an error message in reply.

I'll be glad to send you some seeds, just send me your address info at fmquilts@frontiernet.net

Kim

comicbooklady said...

I like the idea of a block raffle, good luck! I'll have to suggest it to our guild.

marisa said...

thanks for your comment on my blog.grazie per le belle parole .mio figlio ringrazia tua figlia e le chiede se vuole chattare su messenger windows live .

Nines said...

Thank you so much for our kind comments on my blog! Hmm... Photos of that QOV quilt... I have one in my achives- check June. And alwayswantstobequilting.blogspot has a picture of a QOV that is just like mine- different fabrics. Best wishes and let me know if you can't find the pics. I'll upload one to you- but I didn't get a picture of the finished quilt. bummer.