Friday, July 07, 2006

Almost Quilt Show Day!!!!!





Well, I have been working my butt off at The Stitchin' Post!!!! Talk about a ton of ladies that truely love quilting. If you ever get a chance to come to Sisters, DO! It is something like you have never seen before! An amazing experience. My last day will be Sunday and then I will require a few days of sewing to recouperate!!!!

I attended the Camp Sherman Pine Needlers quilt show today. Also, another show you do not want to miss. It is very cute and held in a historic building. Maybe you can find something on the web about them???? Give it a try. I am actually a member of the Pine Needlers Quilt Guild since I lived in Camp Sherman for 5 years. They are a fantastic group of ladies that use funds from the shows they do and the sale of pot holders to fund scholarships for local students going onto college. Very cool!!!!

I am adding some photos of a few of my favorite quilts that I saw at the Camp Sherman show. I did not write down who made them. There were so many cute things. I will add pictures as time goes on.

I also added a picture of some fabric postcards. I joined a swap through a yahoo group called Quilt-Europe. There was a flower swap and a heart swap. It was a lot of fun and I hope to do more of these.

Well, need to go to work!!!! Poor me. Having to cut all that fabric and talk to all those quilter from all over the world. **SIGH** I will just have to sacrifice and muddle through it...LOL

Hugs all around!!!!!

Denise

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Its a dirty job - but somebody has to do it :o)

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh I envy you the opportunity to go to these shows. Enjoy!

Judy said...

WOW!! Amazing quilts! I wish just one time to be able to attend that quilt show in Sister's!!

Simonetta said...

Hi Denise,thanks really to make to see this beautiful show of quilt!
I hope that one day can come there:))))You are a friend.Hugs!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love these quilts! I really love that garden one. I have that book, but boy, the colors on this one are awesome!