Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sorry for the delay!



My wonderful friend, Teresa, gave me this clock for Christmas. Isn't it cute! I have hung it right above my sewing machine so I can keep track of the time while I am busy. I love it!


Not too much going on here. Teresa and I have been designing some raffle quilts for the fire department. Her husband is one of our volunteer Captains. But the department is wanting to do some fund raising and want a raffle quilt. Teresa and I have decided that we would take one of our Stash Basher patterns and make some. Easy and fast. AND we kill 2 birds with one stone as we also have to have the tops done before the next SB meeting! Good thinking on our parts huh???


The weather has been a bit crazy here. I was awakened this morning with the high winds blowing stuff around and hitting my house. It made a bunch of racket but when I went out to investigate I did not find any damage. Of course it was 4am and dark, but I had a flashlight.

The crazy weather has made for some spectacular sunrises lately, like the one I have here. This is my backyard. Notice that there is no snow???? Whats up with that???? This is January for Pete's sake!
Anyway, I will post some pictures of projects soon. My darling husband got me a new digital camera for Christmas so can add LOTS now!
Have a great day!
Denise

11 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

That clock is just tooo cute! And a new camera - now isn't THAT fun!

Shelina said...

Happy New Year. It is a beautiful sunset and a beautiful clock. Your plans for the raffle quilt sound good. Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Denise !
This clock is absolutely beautiful ! Lucky you !
I just visited your blogs now : your quilts are stunning !... and your children are soooo cute ! Nice family, indeed !
I couldn't answer your e-mail, as your msg was a "no-reply" one, so I do it here : of course I'll add your name on my "Pay it forward" list. With pleasure ! I'll wait a little bit ,however, to send my "surprises", as I'm still missing three names...but you can count on me, for sure...
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog (I like that !). I've added yours on my list, too.

Smiles and friendship from
NADINE in Belgium.

Teodo said...

ciao your clock is very very nice .ciao ciao from Italy

Simonetta said...

Very beautiful this clock, a great gift, indeed! A regard to Teresa for my account, Denise! Also here in Italy, there is no snow and is not cold, indeed strange time!!!!

nwscrapmom said...

Hey, girl. I love it when you update your blog. Life is so crazy right now with all of our packing and stuff. House is delayed until (probably) late March (at least). Hubby is at the property today helping install the septic system. My Mom is here for the weekend to help keep the kids entertained so I can pack and clean. Played Bunco with my group last night... I so wish you lived close enough to play with us! Anyway, I am excited that you got a digital camera for Christmas! Send pix any time!!! Miss you!

Teodo said...

ciao thank for your visit and thank for your italian.
I like your works
ciao ciao e buon lavoro dall'Italia

Pilar Ramos said...

Hello Denise, thanks to write in my blog. I have visited yours and he enchants to me. Edredón for the Firemen is going to you to be very pretty. A greeting. Pilar

Bea said...

Whow ... what a cute clock. I´m just stopping at your block and find so many beatiful things inside. Please can you e-mail me, I´ve a question to Theresa! Thank you! Bea, Germany

Bea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.