Thursday, March 29, 2007

Too Much????




OK... so my mother went to the huge fabric warehouse in Portland recently for the Trend Show. That is where all of the fabric stores go 2 times a year and stock up for the coming season. It is a huge place and you go and spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars purchasing bolts of fabric, notions, books, patterns, and the list goes on and on. Anyway, since I have a business account I can go and take along any employees I want to. I could not go this time because I had daycare kids. So, mom and my friend Teresa went for me. Bless their hearts! I am sure it was pure torture for them. They went shopping for me and found huge amounts of fat quarters. When they fill a super capacity washer like mine, it is a bad sign. Well, good for me. So, now I have all of these washed and trimmed. I have to iron them and then see where I am going to stash them. They also were kind enough to buy me 20 yards of childrens polar fleece. Now, I can use that since I just found out I am going to be a grandma (!) in November. I have plans for that already. They also bought a Thimbleberries quilt kit for me along with a case of cream colored thread. All of that put me out $98.00. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled. Anyway, I will post pics of the fabric and kit later. I have babies tearing apart my living room...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Too Much" and "fabric" should never be used together in the same sentence! I'm jealous. I can't wait to see what cool quilts you make from your new stash!

comicbooklady said...

"ditto" to Kathy. Pass me a kleenex so I can wipe the drool from my mouth! Lucky girl!

Pilar Ramos said...

I like your new acquisitions, you are going to make precious things with them.

Simonetta said...

Happy Easter Denise; for you and your beautiful family :))))