Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Plaids top is done!






This evening I finally finished the borders on my Plaids quilt top. It is a smaller top, baby size. I am thinking in all of the muslin blocks I am going to hand quilt an animal. Maybe a bear in one, an elk in another, then a moose. One block may have a cabin in it. Just make it a real "woodsy" feel. I have the binding all ready for it and it is leftover plaids that I am going to join in 6" increments. That will give it a real scrappy look I think. Any thoughts on that???

Today also saw me getting my new Keepsake Quilting catalog! It is like Christmas when I get these! I sat down and immediately ordered almost $100.00 worth of fabrics to make a quilt for my first grandbaby. We do not have one on the way yet, but Nicole and Bryan have decided to start working on a family. So, in anticipation of a new grandson, I am going to make a cute pirate quilt. I did check with the kids and they said they would decorate in a pirate theme if they have a boy. I also ordered the cutest pattern to make a penguin quilt. Still not sure when I am going to have time for that, but it may be something I work on occassionally when I am in a "funk".

I had to attach the most adorable picture of my buddy, Barney. Barney is my Beagle. He is just over 2 years old and is a total lap dog. He keeps me warm when I need it and snuggles like no other! He is spoiled rotten and I love it that way!

Anyway... need to get to bed and see if I can kick this cold I have had for a week now. I am so tired from not sleeping because of coughing and sneezing. I honestly did not know that one little nose could make so much snot! YUCK! I gross myself out!

Have a great day. I hope you all get to quilt to your hearts content.

Denise

7 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Plaid top is looking so nice. I have my Keepsake Quilting catalog here on the desk with a Post-it note of my 'wish list'. Love to open my mailbox and find this little book. :)

Anonymous said...

Thnak you for visiting my blog!
You've made a lovey plaid! Ninepatch is so suitable for any project. Fourpatch was actually the first thing I learned on my first quilting course 8 years ago. You have a very nice blog with a lot of inspiring photos. I'll be back for sure for more inspiration later on. Wish you a very nice weekend.

Simonetta said...

Woww a great job Denise, I find it very beautiful!!! You have worked well indeed, believes me :))))
Ok, I will look at some small thing for a future upcoming child: big hug Nicole for me.I amso happy for this!!!

DIANA said...

Thank you for coming in my blog!!the quilt you saw on it is from my friend Monia that was very nice to teach me a lot of things even if we don't live in the same town..thank you again and i think you are really a good quilter!!i hope to receive Keepsake too!!buonanotte..

Shelina said...

Denise, I hope you feel better soon.
The plaid top looks very nice. I think you have a great plan for the quilting.

Heidi said...

Nice to meet you Denise! And thanks for your comments on my blog. I love your plaid nine-patch quilt. I can't wait to see it finished with all the quilted animals. That will be adorable.

By the way, Barney is just adorable too!

Unknown said...

The plaid quilt looks really nice and I like very much your idea of quilting animals in it and making a scrappy binding. I have made a few myself and I like them each time.