Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Busy busy busy




Well, I just got a comment from a new visitor to my blog and decided that I had better put something up before no one ever came by to visit anymore.

I have not been doing much sewing lately. I have been really hooked on making ATC's for swaps on swap-bot.com. You have got to go see that site! There is so many different swaps you can join; sewing, writing, reading, scrapbooking... the list just keeps on going!

Well, while Dave was gone to the coast and I was spending so much time sewing, I managed to catch a real bad bug. So bad that my neighbor called the fire department (where I am a medic) and they ended up hauling me off to the hospital! I was so embarrassed that they saw me in a weakened position. I even cried in front of them! How humiliating! But they never said anything but sweet and comforting things to me and treated me so wonderfully. I love the guys I work with! I got to come home the next day and everyone was calling and coming by to check on me. The fire department is a huge and wonderfully loving family. Dave kept trying to come home and I told him to stay at the conference, goodness knows there were people watching out for me!!! It has been a few weeks now and I am all better, Dave is home, and people are STILL asking me if I am OK... wonderful

Christian is doing so well. He has hit 9 pounds! What a big boy! I have attached some pictures of him. Nicole is in one too. She is just such a good mama.

Anyway, I will work on posting some quilting pics soon. I HAVE to get the Jewels of Virginia quilt quilted before I go on the cruise April 27th! I need to get my hiney in gear!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Denise! I'm sorry you were so sick. Your grandson is looking so good! It's amazing how much he has grown and how happy he seems in his pictures!
-Kathy

nwscrapmom said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were so sick! Holy cow, woman. What was it? From the sounds of it, you must have been pretty miserable. I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend. Cute new pictures, too. I'm so glad you post them! I especially love the last picture, close-up and sleeping. Mmm!