Thursday, April 10, 2008

Something New




Well, I have finally got the nerve up to try my hand, actually machine, at machine quilting. I was a bit nervous, but with the help of a few great friends I have started.

I have attached 2 pictures of my work in progress. This is the quilt I made for the raffle on the cruise. I had so many colors in it that I was directed to use varigated thread to prevent me from changing thread every 4 inches! Wise choice I think! AND I have not totally screwed up the top! I think it is coming out nicely.

I am going to Portland Monday after I get off of work. Christian is having his second open-heart surgery Tuesday morning. He is having his pre-surgery heart cath tomorrow morning (Friday). I will have my computer with me and updating his blog as we need to. That address is www.babywithefe.blogspot.com

Anyway... need to get back to the quilt and my movie. I am watching one of my favorites: Practical Magic. I have quite the set up here. My machine and a portable DVD player so I can be entertained while I am working. Ahhhhhhhh... what a life!

Take care!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the colors you're using in that quilt - very pretty! Practical Magic is one of my favorites too. :)

annapaola said...

very very beautiful blog and job.
I'm new entry in the world of patch..
ciao
ciao
annapaola - italy

Shelina said...

It looks great. Looks like you chose a quilting design that has lots of turns and stops and starts. I'm usually too lazy for that, and do more straight line quilting when I can.

Cristina said...

Ciao Denise e tanto tempo che non passo a trovarti...tutto bene??? Ti abbraccio