Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Project



I belong to a group through The Stitchin' Post called Stash Bashers. Each month we are assigned a new quilt to make and we are supposed to just use fabrics from our stash. Well, I have such a hodge-podge stash that I did not have enough of "Like" fabrics. SOOOOOOO... I just had to go and get some fabrics. Ohhhhh, the sacrifices I make for quilting! I chose to make this top with Batik fabrics. I have never used them exclusively for a top before. This should be interesting. I attached a photo of the top layout. I have seen it done and it is wonderful. Measures about 59 inches by 59 inches.

Anyway, I am beat and have things to do. My middle daughter just had surgery day before yesterday so I should go and check on her.

Happy quilting. Thanks for stopping by!

Denise

3 comments:

Simonetta said...

Very beautiful the Batiks fabrics, good choice! I am sure that you will do a beautiful quilt!!! Hugs :))))

Leah Spencer said...

That's some very yummy batiks! I might be drooling a little... :D

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh shoot, having to buy fabric. The tragedy ;) Hope your daughter is doing well after her surgery