Wednesday, February 07, 2007





Well, I finally have something to post here! My wonderful friend Teresa and I decided to make quilts for the fire department to raffle off. This is my creation. Let me tell you: I had a heck of a time deciding what to use for the inner border, but my wonderful husband decided for me. We went with the black. I am very pleased with the results! He has wonderful taste. (Well, he married me didn't he??? LOL) But now I have to do the backing and get it quilted and binding put on. I am excited. The photo does not show it very well, but I used a bunch of different whites and creams and then the blues are also a bunch of different blues. The reds though are all the same.

I have an easy quilt to do for Stash Bashers this month. It is a simple 9-patch and you actually cut the backing while you cut the blocks. It is very cool. I will post my fabric choices later this week. I have decided to go with plaids.

Did you all see the link for the potholder swap? Well, I signed up for it and have been e-mailing my swap partner. She happens to live just 25 minutes away from me. So, we decided that we were going to meet in person to do our swap. Isn't that fun?! So when she gets her potholholder done she is going to call me and we will meet for coffee and swap. I am very excited to meet her.

So, now I am working on another pinwheel quilt. This one is using scraps from the raffle quilt. I will post as I do things on it.

You all take care and stop in now and again to see what I am doing. Remember to post a comment so I know you were here...

Denise

8 comments:

Jen said...

I am looking forward to meeting you, too! Thanks for the recipe, it looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Denise, you did a GREAT job ! And the black inner border is perfect ! Keep going ! Enjoy your quilting ! Have fun with your potholders swap friend !

Hugs & smiles!
NADINE.

Shelina said...

Denise, it is a great quilt. The black looks good. Swapping is always fun, and a potholder means you won't have yet another UFO.

Shelina said...

Hi Denise, your email address is noreply - you can change your profile if you want direct connection.
Here are the directions for the charity quilts:
You need 3 1/2 yards of four different fabrics, plus border, binding and backing. The three strips are cut 3 1/2 inch wide, (they cut 5 strips each, but I only needed 4) and are all sewn across the entire length of the strip to each other, in the same order. Then it is cut into twenty-five 8 1/2 inch blocks, and the final 3 1/2" strip is added to each block. Then the blocks are sewn together in alternating order.

Simonetta said...

Hi Denise, your quilt is marvelous, I think that it will do the happiness of whom wins it:))))
Great indeed!!! Happy for her potholder swap, as is life beautiful true???? Have a great week-end :-))))

just me said...

Love your quilt, great job!!

Teodo said...

Your quilt is wonderful. ciao ciao

PamKittyMorning said...

Hey I've made that Rick Rack Quilt too! Its a fun project.