Saturday, July 07, 2007

Baby Christian David 7-6-07

Nicole had her scan yesterday. The news was not good. Of course we were all hoping for the doc to come in saying it had all been a big mistake, but no such luck. The baby has a very large heart with small chambers. The valves are not working properly and the blood is backing up, going the wrong direction, and just not moving properly. SOOOOOO, if (BIG if) the baby makes it to birth they will do a valve replacement ASAP and let him grow a bit. Then he will be a great candidate for a heart transplant. But it all hinges on if he makes it to birth. Needless to say I have been an emotional wreck! I cry off and on all of the time.

But on a good note, the baby is a boy. His name is Christian David. Currently he is 10 inches long and weighs 12 ounces. Everything else seems fine with him. He is on target for size and his brain looks perfect.

Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts. We are going to need them.

I plan on sewing today as a way of taking my mind off all that is going on. I volunteered to make 5 table runners for the CycleOregon event. They will be needing those soon. I should be able to make all of them in aboiut 2 hours. I will slap on some earphones with some good ol' country music blaring and forget all my troubles for a short time. Then reality will come up and slap me in the face! At least I will have a little bit of time to forget.

Please check back now and again for updates on the baby. I will post as I know stuff. Also, I actually will get back to posting some quilting things! Thats what this blog is for. I got a bit off topic, huh? Sorry for that.

Hugs to all you who have sent well wishes and to those of you that have thought of us. It is all so much appreciated.

Denise

1 comment:

Shelina said...

Denise, it is your blog and you can post whatever you want. I am so sorry about Christain's health condition. I hope the doctor's can fix him up so he can have a long healthy life.