Monday, July 16, 2007

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 2007


















Well Ladies, finally a post with out too much drama! Thanks to you all for your kind and wonderfully supportive words. We appreciate them more than you know.

Saturday was great day for the largest outdoor quilt show in the world! Sisters was booming with over 50,000 people in town to enjoy over 1,000 quilts hung from storefronts, rafters, balconies, and entire buildings. Unfortunately for me I was confined to one small area on ambulance duty. But I did get to see some of the wonderful challenge quilts and also the kids quilting challenge quilts. They were all fantastic! The quilt that won Grand Prize in the kids catagory was made by the most adorable young man. A 12 year old boy from Sisters won. His brother won last year! I asked him if they were up for adoption but they declined my offer of good cooking and free use of my sewing machine. Hmmmmmmm. The penguin quilt is the one he made and won a new sewing machine! The fire station even has its own quilt that we take every year with us to display. people love it!

During my manning of the ambulance we had quite a few calls for assistance. Since it was 104 degrees there were many heat emergencies. Also we had many falls from people taking pictures of the quilts while backing up. They would fall off of the curb of the sidewalk. Poor people. We had to send one lady to the hospital in the helicopter when she suffered a heart attack. It was eventful. We also had a water dish for dogs since it was so hot. I have one picture of a visiting dog the really enjoyed our shade and was hugging the water bowl to himself. It was very cute.

Anyway, I am attaching some pictures of the area where we were parked surrounded by the quilts. If you have not ever been here for quilt show week you really should try to come. I have some limited space here in my home, but it is always free for my quilting friends. (I have 3 extra beds that can sleep 2 each)

Have a great day. I plan on quilting this morning and finishing up my tablerunners for the CycleOregon event coming up.

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow! I'd love to attend that show some time but it's at least a three day drive for me so it's not in the near futur.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm really bummed I didn't go! I didn't want to go along and my husband said, very reluctantly, that him and the boys would go. But I didn't want to "ruin" their Saturday. I vow I will go next year!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

thanks for the pics - the show does sound eventful. that poor puppy! Best wishes to your family.

Anonymous said...

Stupendi meravigliosi.
Baci Cristina