Monday, September 17, 2007

Jewels of Virginia



So, once again Stitchin' Post has begun another season of Stash Bashers! YIPPEE!!!! Sunday we got the new pattern assignment. It is called Queen of Tarts, but I renamed mine to Jewels of Virginia. Why, you may ask? Well, mom and dad went to Virginia on vacation and they brought me back a bundle of fat quarters that were all jewel tones. I have had them FOREVER and finally decided to use them in this new quilt. So today my wonderful friend Teresa came over for our regular sewing Monday and I cut out the pieces and then proceeded to sew 72 little hourglass blocks that will make up the stars. My back is cramping and my butt hurts. Trust me when I tell you that that is a lot of flesh to be hurtin'! But I am excited about this quilt and think it will be just beautiful when I finish it later this week.

I finished the binding on the snowman wall hanging. I am pleased that I finally finished something!!!!!!

Anyway, that's about it for now. I will post as the jewel quilt progresses...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise-

I had a great time meeting you today! Thank you for suggesting that we get together. It was fun to talk to you. We definitely need to meet again. I keep wanting to go to The Stitchin' Post so maybe I'll call you when I get the urge.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Brava un progetto davvero bello!!!!tienici aggiornate sui tuoi progressi sembra un quilt davvero speciale....
Ti mando un bacio e un abbraccio...
Cristina